Research@MIT is a new app in MIT’s flagship Atlas suite, offering users streamlined tools for research administration, collaboration, compliance, and innovation management. Designed for MIT principal investigators (PIs) and their administrative teams, the app draws on data from Kuali Coeus, SAP, and other enterprise systems to create a “PI dashboard.”
Research@MIT currently allows you to:
- View available funds for each of your active sponsored and non-sponsored research awards and drill down into categories of expenses incurred to date.
- View the status of your proposals submitted to sponsors, COUHES protocols, and requested non-disclosure and data-use agreements (NDAs and DUAs).
- Submit innovation disclosures to the Technology Licensing Office (TLO) and view your “open” or “closed” TLO cases.
To download the app for your platform of choice, please visit https://apps.mit.edu.
Provides an overview of the application and its functionality. Suitable for all users.
Provides more detailed instructions for how to navigate the PI view on the app. Suitable for all users.
Provides a tour of the department view on the application. Suitable for department administrators.
All MIT principal investigators (PIs) have full access to these features on Android, iOS/MacOS, and Windows platforms.
DLCI research administrators may also access data within the app with departmental approval. To request approval, please contact your Financial Primary Authorizer, who may assign you the role of Department Admin in the KCOS category.
Research Collaborators may access via invitation code after they have been identified as a creator on a Technology Licensing Office disclosure. Questions regarding this process may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that the app itself must be downloaded to your device and is not available via web browser.
While the app is now fully live, development is underway to expand and improve its features on a rolling basis. Going forward, Research@MIT is expected to incorporate:
- Additional details and greater drill-down capability on salaries and expenditures.
- Proposals in development.
- Other features to be determined by your needs.
Support and Feedback
If you need immediate help with the app, please contact the IS&T Service Desk for timely support.
We also invite and welcome your feedback on the app’s features, ease of use, and efficiency. Please send comments and feature requests to email@example.com.
Updated September 25, 2023