Affiliating CITI RCR Training
Q. “Will RCR (Responsible Conduct in Research) training taken through CITI at another institution, prior to coming to MIT, be transferable if it satisfies the MIT requirement?”
Q. “Can I affiliate this training with MIT?”
A. It depends – if the RCR training through CITI at another institution was successfully completed on or after November 2014, then yes, you will be able to affiliate this training with MIT. Please follow the below instructions.
However, if the RCR training through CITI at another institution was completed prior to November 2014, please submit your CITI training records to firstname.lastname@example.org. The NSF Liaison in RAS will review the training completed, and will let you know if MIT can accept this training, or if training may need to be re-taken.
Here is how to Affiliate training:
- Register with CITI through the MIT portal
- You will use an MIT Certificate for authentication.
- Your member ID will appear at the top of the page once you click on this link and are logged into CITI:
- Note this Member ID. Log out of CITI.
- Log in under the institution through which training was completed and note the Member ID.
- Contact CITI
Technicians are available 8:30 am to 7:30 pm EST Monday through Friday.
- Give CITI Support the two member IDs and request that they merge the two accounts.
- MIT should be the primary account.
- Optional Step:
Log into CITI through the MIT portal and remove the affiliation with the old institution.
Read this Quick Card on affiliating your training with MIT.
For any problems encountered in completing the process described above, contact email@example.com.